Saturday, 1 March 2014

Seaside Slate, How it came to be and what I am rather hoping to accomplish

Let me begin by saying one thing, and one thing only, Seaside Slate is a name I have chosen for the love of the seaside, on which I live, Colwyn Bay and slate, as I love the feel of slate.  It is a versatile material in which one can do so much with.  For example, a slate floor, which I am considering with this huge remodel on our Victorian home.  Also that Wales is slate country here in the UK, the uses are immense and great.  I am going to incorporate as many Welsh materials, history and goods as possible in this home of ours.  


   As clearly seen the picture on the left is a slate wall with the beautiful red chair.  How amazing and gorgeous is this?  It oozes with beauty and such amazing clean lines.  The cheeseboard is also made from slate, from Wales.  These are just two amazing items, that one will find here in Wales.  Tap into your inner self, and I am going to share the beautiful resources here in Wales and how to best utilize them.  I am aiming to create this semi-detached Victorian home and recreate my dream home, a farm-like home with some creative and unique qualities.  So I leave you all in peace and look forward to hearing your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment